How Nature Can Help Your Well-Being During The Panademic...
Since the start of the pandemic, there's been a massive shift in how people are thinking. People are now starting to think about what's really important to them.
Research shows; that in Australia, people are flocking from high density, over crowded cities, such as; Sydney and Melbourne to Queensland for a simpler healthier life, where they can spend more time outdoors and in nature.
It's been reported, that people are now more concerned about their overall health and well-being than ever before.
So how does nature help, and what are some of the proven benefits of spending time in nature?
1) You Can Improve How Your Body Handles Stress.
2) You May Behave More Generously.
3) You May Have A More Positive Outlook On Life.
4) You May Be More Alert.
5) Your Body's Natural Killer Cell Activity Can Increase.
Since the start of the pandemic, it's been reported that mental health has become an epidemic in societies all across Australia.
As reported by the: Australian Government - Australian Institute Of Health & Welfare:
* 4.4 million people received mental health related prescriptions in 2019-2020.
- Lifeline received almost 82,000 calls (a decrease of 2.3% from the 4 weeks to 26 April 2020 and an increase of 18.4% from the 4 weeks to 28 April 2019).
- Kids Helpline received almost 26,000 answerable contact attempts (a decrease of 26.6% from the 4 weeks to 26 April 2020 and an increase of 10.5% from the 4 weeks to 28 April 2019).
- Beyond Blue received over 22,000 contacts (a decrease of 14.9% from the 4 weeks to 26 April 2020 and an increase of 30.7% from the 4 weeks to 28 April 2019).